THE GOOD NEWS
- God is our Creator. We were created in His image for a relationship with Him. He loves us passionately, perfectly, and deeply.
- God is not only perfect in his love, but he is perfect in justice. He cannot tolerate any form of evil. Though we were created in His image, we have fallen out of relationship with Him because we sin. We are in trouble and need help.
- Because of our sin and because God is just we are forever separated from Him. So the question is: How do we get back into right relationship with God? There is only one solution, and one only.
- God gave His Son, Jesus, to live a perfect life here on earth, diplaying the very nature of God – because He was fully man and fully God. Jesus primary work was to pay the penalty for our evil nature.
- Jesus took the punishment of all our sin when He was executed on a cross. But He did not stay in the grave. He rose from death, making a way for us to get back in right relationship with God.
- Hearing about Jesus requires a response from us. We must all decide what we are going to do with Jesus.
- If anyone, whether a hardened criminal, a housewife, or a fifth grade student, decides to follow Jesus, the steps are the same. We come to God, for he is both our lover and our judge.
- We tell Him that we know of the distance between us and that we desire to restore our relationship. We say that we are willing to turn from our evil ways and follow His ways.
- We tell Him that we believe that Jesus came, and died to pay the penalty for the things we have done wrong. We tell Him we believe in Jesus’ miracle of rising from the dead.
- We also tell Him that we are willing to allow Him to lead us every day; that we want to be in a personal relationship with Him; to know Him, not just know about Him; no matter where that may take us in life.
The Good News is for everyone. It is as simple as talking to God right where you are. If this has helped you in any way, please contact us and share your story. We are here to help you with the next steps in your relationship with God.